Monday, August 19, 2013

Insider Secrets with Bebe Designer: Dolly Aquino

When I started fashion school, I had no idea that I would meet such a great friend! Dolly and I took the same major at FIDM and shared a lot of experiences together. She is a great designer and I am excited that she is sharing some of her insider secrets with us today!





Name: Dolly Aquino
Company you work for: bebe
What do you do for this company: Associate Designer: Day/Evening Dresses
Did you go to fashion school: Yes. FIDM; Los Angeles
How did you get started in this industry: I made the right friend, Tosha Cole Clemens. =) She asked if I was interested in interviewing with the company she was working with weeks before graduation and I couldn’t say no. This was my first job in the industry and currently with the company.
What are the best and worst things about your job? Best part is the hands on creativity. I get to create garments to fit our very sexy and sophisticated woman. Looking at colors, fabrics, random scenery/objects everywhere is what inspires us all. Worst part is all the deadlines we have to meet AND data entry into our system. The non-creative stuff. *hehe
What is a typical day like? It’s a different day every day. No day is the same as the last. There’s no downtime. We’re constantly researching trends, sketching, entering data into our system, communicating with vendors on a daily basis, trying protos samples on models before a presentation. It’s all fast paced and I love it.
What are some of your greatest accomplishments? Thus far, seeing the dresses I’ve designed being worn on all types of women is a great accomplishment. It’s an awesome feeling to know that my work is appreciated and my work makes these women feel sexy/ beautiful.
What’s your philosophy of life? Find a job you love and you’ll never work a day in your life.
See some of Dolly’s designs below:

ON NEWS REPORTER



(LONG SLEEVE VERSION)







ON A CONTESTANT ON THE XFACTOR









ON REALITY TV STAR JWOWW








ON DANCING WITH THE STAR CHERYL BURKE








ON ACTRESS MAI DAVIKA HOORNE IN THAI COSMO





BLACK VERSION



HONEY DEW VERSION ON DIFFERENT WOMEN








No comments:

Post a Comment